Thursday, July 18, 2013

A Dream Come True

The following essay was written by Loyce, one of the first English students who enrolled in classes at the Center of Hope ( our refugee community center in Kampala, Uganda). Over the last three years, Loyce has worked very hard to learn English, computer and sewing skills. She has recently become a teacher at our refugee community center, working with the most beginner English students. Loyce’s story is an example of the difference that your investment in God’s hope and love is making in the lives of refugees in Uganda.
        I was born in Lui Wastern Equatoria South Sudan on May 5th 1972. I have five brothers and one sisters. My father and all of my brothers died in the war. It is only my sister, mother and myself who have survived. I am a mother of four children, two boys and two girls. I also take care of two children of my elder sister. I love my family.While living in Munduri, I worked with children, youth and women. I loved this work. It gave me great joy and happiness. It is rewarding. I love teaching. God willing, I will start a school in Munduri for adults and children in nursery school. I feel especially drawn to working with women who are struggling to do something because of their lack of education. I always feel pain in my heart for them. I want to help but I have not been able to because of my lack of education. I did not receive a high level of education but I am now working hard and praying to God that one day I will receive a diploma in teaching. One day, I want to work with a group of women in South Sudan. When I went to South Sudan, I met very many people who asked if I could come and teach them. They wanted to have a workshop about healthy eating, sanitation, self-reliance and Bible. 

            I am so happy for having joined the Center of Hope because it has helped me a lot. It is God’s grace that I am at the Center. I am lucky because I have very good teachers at the Center who are God- fearing people. It was a dream come true when I began teaching at the Center last summer. I believe that this dream will not end here.
     

No comments: